Philips Lumileds notified chip packagers, distributors and other OMA, MB and GB LED companies using wafer companies that the US International Trade Commission has issued a ban on the entry of these products into the US due to their infringement of Philips Lumileds' patent rights. The ban prohibits wafer companies from infringing LEDs and packaged LEDs containing infringing LEDs. The presidential review has ended and the International Trade Commissionâ€™s ban is final.
Philips Lumileds informs LED chip packagers and downstream customers and distributors of the following
1. Production, use, sale, supply of OMA, MB and GB LEDs or products for the sale or import of wafer companies. Integration of these LEDs into the United States is considered a violation of Philips Lumileds' patent rights.
2. Unauthorized manufacturers should not rely on compensation agreements as a defense against patents of Philips Lumileds.
3. Use, import or sale of unauthorized infringing products is a direct infringer of the patent rights of Philips Lumileds
4. During the International Trade Commission investigation, wafers were asked to disclose their current AlInGaP LED products and its "next generation" products and these products infringing the "718 patent."
5. Infringing products cannot enter the United States, and customers have several other options to obtain the required AlInGaP LED products, including but not limited to working with chip manufacturers such as Avago, or distributors such as Lastertech, Marubeni, Promate and Future Electronics. The company offers AlInGaP products patented by Philips Lumileds.
Philips Lumileds has a pending lawsuit in the courts in northern California that is about wafer companies' OMA, MB and GB LEDs and seeks compensation and injunctions.
About Philips Lumileds Lighting
Philips Lumileds Lighting is the world's only high-volume manufacturing power LED and pioneer in the use of solid-state lighting solutions in everyday lighting including automotive lighting, camera flash, LCD TV, portable lighting and general lighting. The company's patented LUXEON power source is the first to combine traditional lighting brightness, long life and other advantages in LEDs in a small package. Lumileds is also available in LED materials and LED packages. The company is headquartered in California, USA, with offices in the Netherlands, Japan and Malaysia and a worldwide sales network.
About Royal Philips Electronics
Royal Philips Electronics of the Netherlands is one of the world's largest electronics companies, ranking first in Europe. Its 2005 sales reached 30.4 billion euros. With 161,498 employees, Philips is active in more than 60 countries in the three major areas of medical life and core technology, as well as medical diagnostic imaging and patient monitors, color TVs, electric shavers, lighting, and silicon system solutions. The world leader in the field.
INT Metal Products Factory , http://www.libometal.com